This project encompassed the complete design and build of a combined heat and power (CHP – 2MWe ) installation for the Ericsson campus in Athlone to provide low cost energy to the site through provision of electricity, LTHW for heating & HVAC systems.
The works consisted of a full turnkey installation including the following:
- All design works for the project including Electrical, Mechanical & Civil Works
- All construction works to ensure the project was completed to the required standards and within the agreed programme
- Operational interface of the CHP electrical power system with the ESB Grid, as defined in ESB document Ref.G10/94
- Full interface between the new CHP and the existing site LPHW Heating System and Building Energy Management System (BEMS)
- Testing, commissioning and sign off in accordance with all pertinent standards.